This website is an educational service that provides general health information. The materials in https://www.noweigh.org and/or from No Weigh Campaign (“#NOWEIGH” or “we,” “us,” “our”) are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied.
AS AN EXPRESS CONDITION TO USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN PROGRAMS AND/OR ACTIVITIES MENTIONED ON THIS WEBSITE, MEAN THAT YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
1. The website’s content is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis. None of the information mentioned at https://www.noweigh.org and/or from No Weight Campaign should be followed without clearance from your physician or health care provider. The information contained within is not intended to provide medical advice, or any other advice whatsoever, for any individual or company and should not be relied upon in that regard. No Weigh Campaign, its partners, affiliates, employees and agents are not acting in their capacity as medical professionals and nothing on this website should be misconstrued to mean otherwise.
2. There may be risks associated with following the information and/or advice given by https://www.noweigh.org for people in poor health or with pre-existing conditions. Because these risks exist, you must seek professional advice regarding your individual medical care and diagnosis.. If you choose not to seek professional advice, you
do so of your own free will and accord, knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks associated with this decision.
3. Facts and information are believed to be accurate at the time they were placed in https://www.noweigh.org. All data provided in this website is to be used for information purposes only. Products and services described are only offered in jurisdictions where they may be legally offered. Information provided is not all-inclusive, and is limited to information that is made available and such information should not be relied upon as all-inclusive or accurate.
4. You agree to hold No Weigh Campaign and it’s creator Dr Asher Larmie (formerly Natasha), its officers, partners, affiliates, employees and agents harmless from any and all liability for all claims for damages due to injuries, including attorney’s fees and costs, incurred by you or caused to third parties by you, arising out of information on www.noweigh.org.
If you have any questions about this Health Disclaimer, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the content of this site may change without prior notice.
A note on language
The term Fat is used as a neutral descriptor, which has been co-opted by the Fat community and does not carry any negative connotations.
The phrase “person with a larger body” is used interchangeably with the phrase “fat person”.
The terms “slim”, “straight-sized” or “person with a smaller body” is used to describe people who do not experience anti-fat bias/discrimination because of the size of their body.
The words “ov*rweight” and “ob*se” are always censored because they are harmful and stigmatizing words used by that are used by the medical community to cause harm.
While the literature tends to use this type of stigmatizing language, it is censored because it incorrectly pathologizes and medicalizes bodies based on their size.
Bullying and Harassment Policy
#NOWEIGH is committed to providing an online environment that is free of harassment and bullying, and where everyone is treated, and treats others, with dignity and respect. We will not permit or condone any form online bullying or harassment.
What is online harassment?
Harassment is any unwanted online conduct that has the purpose or effect of violating a person’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that person.
Unlawful harassment may involve sexual harassment, or it may be related to any other of the Protected Characteristics detailed in the Equality Act 2010 (age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation).
Examples of harassment may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Commenting with sexually suggestive material or material with racial or anti-fat overtones;
- Use of slang names for anyone with Protected Characteristics detailed in the Equality Act 2010
- Any offensive emails, text messages or social media content
It is important to note that harassment occurs even if the harasser perceives their behaviour as being harmless and without malice, or ‘just a bit of fun’. What matters is how the behaviour makes the recipient feel, and not what the perpetrator’s intentions were.
Also, a person may be harassed even if they were not the intended ‘target’ of the behaviour. For example, a fat person may be harassed by offensive comments made about another fat person, if the jokes create an environment that is offensive to them.
What is bullying?
Bullying is a sustained form of psychological abuse. It is defined as offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour, involving the abuse or misuse of power, which has the purpose or effect of belittling, humiliating or threatening the recipient.
Online bullying involving offensive emails, text messages or social media content will not be tolerated.
Examples of bullying may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Inappropriate derogatory remarks about someone’s performance;
Spreading malicious rumours or defamatory remarks
Physical or psychological threats;
Constantly undervaluing a person’s effort and experience;
Overbearing and intimidating levels of feedback;
Deliberately sabotaging online content
What to do if you are being harassed or bullied online (either on this website or associated social media channels)
Fill in a contact form and let the team at #NOWEIGH know as many details as possible. We will remove any offensive comments immediately.
If the bulling or harassment is taking place on a social media channel, please also follow the procedures in place to report this behaviour.
Consequences of bullying and harassment
The team at www.noweigh.org (the website) reserve the right to make copies of any forms of bullying and harassment laid out above. We also reserve the right to publish them on the website and/or social media channels with the names and details of the offending party.